Website Sharecold Corporation
The Engineering team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Sharecold operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various HVAC systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As a master of best-in-class practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall HVAC efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
This position requires shift work that includes weekends and public holidays.
Sharecold is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Sharecold, engineers not only revolutionize HVAC system, they routinely work on storage solutions, safekeeping, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for users around the world.
- Develop good understanding of infrastructure design and sequence of operation. Become familiar with managing operational risks.
- Develop operational procedures of varying complexity and execute them as part of a team.
- Possess and demonstrate hands-on skills that enable maintenance of major mechanical systems. Resolve and troubleshoot common system failures.
- Become familiar with the safety rules and regulations associated with operating complex infrastructure.
- Adopt continuous improvements to minimize the environmental impact of the operation by helping the team improve site power usage effectiveness (PUE) and operational efficiency.
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of mechanical or MEP systems.
- Commissioning experience of HVAC and mechanical distribution systems (chillers, air handling units etc.) to include air and water side systems.
- Experience in operating and maintaining mission critical facilities.
- HVAC or electrical license.
- Experience in management of vendors/contractors performing construction, maintenance and upgrading works in large scale critical environments.
- Data Center or facilities background.
- Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a HVAC environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units.